Friday, October 29, 2010

Perfect (and easy) Chili


When the weather gets chilly, there's nothing in the world better than cuddling up with a bowl of one of the best comfort foods in the world. My chili recipe is embarrassingly easy, and tastes like it took hours and hours to make. My husband, who is not the biggest chili fan, devours this chili and goes back for thirds and fourths. Give it a try!


Ingredients:

2 packs ground turkey
1 can tomato sauce 29 oz
2 cans dark red kidney beans 15 oz
2 cans lighter red kidney beans 15 oz
2 cans black beans 15 oz
2 jars medium salsa
3 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1.5 teaspoons black pepper
2 teaspoons salt
3 cups water
hot sauce (to your liking)

Directions:

After you've cooked the ground turkey, transfer to large pot. Add all of the ingredients to the pot and simmer for 45 mins to an hour. Garnish with shredded cheese. I eat my chili with Ritz crackers - yummm! Such an easy recipe - enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so there - it's 48 degrees - burrr! And w/Ritz, oh yeah!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooooo good and SO easy!!! I have a GREAT chili recipe that i swear by but it is so complicated and this one is just as good with 1/4 the time :) I had it with cheese and tortilla chips yummmm

    ReplyDelete