Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kate Somerville's Nourish


Now, here comes the pricier of my little magical findings, but let me tell you, it is SOOO worth it. Ok, so I'm 31 now and I'm thinking of things that I have never before given a second thought - namely, SKIN. I've always done the basic 2 part skincare routine: wash every morning and night with plain old Dove soap, then moisturize with Pond's Moisturizing Cream. I've never been super happy with Pond's because I have very dry skin and no matter how much I applied, I still had those annoying problem areas that always reared their ugly heads halfway through my day. So, I started researching moisturizers. Really good moisturizers like the ones Kim Kardashian and J Lo used, so I can get glowy, dewy J Lo and KK skin!!! But, ummmm, I found out that they use REALLY pricey moisturizers and I'm just Nikki from the block, I ain't got no rocks for you to get fooled by. So I had to step it down a notch and come back to reality. I was in Sephora one day, buying one of my other holy grail items that I will review soon, and the checkout lady nonchalantly tossed in a few Nourish Moisturizer by Kate Somerville samples. Little did she know that she was changing my life with her addition to my little black Sephora bag. Later that night, I washed my face and applied the Nourish Moisturizer. Oh Em Gee. First of all, the smell. My bathroom smelled like I was in some fancy spa in Paree (Paris) and the aroma awakened my senses like POOO YOWW! That alone made me want to slather the stuff all over my body! But I only had a tiny bit, so I restrained myself. It melted into my skin and moisturized my face so well, it made me look over at my jar of Pond's and cut my eyes at it. I couldn't believe I'd be using that stuff for so long! The true test was when I applied it the next morning, to see if my skin would stay like Jo Lo or turn into J No. Well, I'm happy to say that my skin was glowy and dewy and all types of wonderful all day long. The smell stayed with me, too! I felt so clean and moisturized and in love and threw my Pond's away and dragged my husband to Sephora, watched him freak out over the price, fanned him down, took out his card, and purchased a full size Kate Somerville Nourish all for myself and me and my J Lo glow lived happily ever after. Thanks to Kate Somerville. Go to Sephora and ask for a sample! Also, check out Kate Somerville's whole entire line here.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, this is convincing and funny - I'm getting some of this - already cut my eyes at my Ponds. LOL - Oh Em Gee!!

    ReplyDelete