Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Maybelline "The Falsies" Mascara


I have to admit that I slightly obsess about mascara. I'm in a constant and consistent search for the "perfect" one that will make my eyelashes long, natural looking and beautiful. I always tease my husband because he was born with to-die-for eyelashes and I nickname them "paintbrushes". It's just not fair that some men have long eyelashes, beautiful pore-less skin and strong nails! What do they need them for? ;) Anyway, I've tried tons of mascaras, from the drugstore brands to the designer stupidly expensive brands - ALL in a quest to find "The One". There are basically 2 types of mascaras: volumizing and defining. The problem with the volumizing kind is that they tend to be too clumpy and you end up with Liza Minelli eyelashes - a definite no-no. Then with the defining kind, you don't get the clumping, but there's not quite enough product on the wand to make a noticable difference. I've always stuck with the defining mascaras because I hate clumpy eyelashes, and it does a pretty good job of separating the lashes, making them look natural and neat. Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara is the first volumizing mascara that I've ever used that doesn't clump at all. It leaves my lashes thick and lush, and separates the lashes very well so that it actually doesn't look like I have mascara on! It just looks like I was born with long, beautiful and perfect eyelashes. And I believe that's our ultimate goal as women, to find a product that enhances our beauty and features in a natural and subtle way. Next time you're in a drugstore near you, give Maybelline's The Falsies a try.

1 comment: